- Fruits and veggies are everywhere, and they are ripe and delicious. Take a walk through your local farmers’ market and see what you can find!
- Since you are probably spending much more time in the sun, you need all the protection from UV rays and free radicals you can get. Antioxidants, like the ones found in fresh-squeezed juice, help neutralize free radicals.
- Since your body isn’t spending as much time warming itself up in the summer, your metabolic needs may be lower. If you find that you are less hungry during the day, try replacing a meal with juice (but make sure you are getting the calories and nutrients you need daily).
For a simple juice recipe packed with all kinds of tasty, healthy, antioxidant-rich ingredients, try this Beauty Juice recipe the next time you need a snack! Not only will it make your taste buds happy, it will give your body a boost of antioxidants and other necessary vitamins. The better you feel on the inside, the healthier you’ll look on the outside!
Beauty Juice Ingredients
- 3-4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 3-4 leaves kale
- 3-4 leaves endive
- 1 handful spinach
- 2 broccoli stems
- 1 cucumber
- 5-6 strawberries
- 2-3 basil leaves
- pinch of wheatgrass (optional)
Wash all produce and send it through the juicer. If using, sprinkle wheatgrass on top. Serve immediately as is or chilled over ice. Simple as that!
Juicing Tip: Try to use more veggies than fruit in your juice recipes to avoid excess amounts of sugar. Other great ingredients for a richer juice are apples and coconut milk.