DIY coconut creamer made with coconut oil and an irresistible group of warm spices. And the best part, aside from the facts that this recipe is super easy to make and tastes delicious? This is a totally dairy-free, vegan coffee creamer! Now you have absolutely no reason to not try it!
This recipe recommends all organic, natural ingredients as they taste better and are better for you and the environment. However, if you find yourself in a place where you can’t make that happen, you can always substitute whatever ingredients you have on hand or can find at the store!
- ½ cup organic coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon softened unrefined coconut oil (not melted)
- 1 cup room temperature water
- ½ teaspoon organic vanilla bean powder
- ½ teaspoon organic cardamom powder
- ¼ teaspoon organic sweet cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon organic nutmeg powder
- 2 teaspoons organic liquid soy lecithin (required for emulsifying the oil and water ingredients)
Place water, coconut flakes, and spices into a blender and liquefy on the highest setting for 2-5 minutes until fully incorporated.
Strain mixture, rinse blender, and pour the strained mix back into the blender.
Add soy lecithin and coconut oil; blend until you see all of the lecithin completely mixed (at least 1 minute).
Strain again if you prefer a smooth-textured creamer, or leave it as is (it will all melt in your hot cup of coffee anyway). Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator and enjoy!