Instead of getting rid of oils, the best way to achieve healthy skin is to use natural plant oils that absorb quickly without leaving you feeling or looking greasy. The great news is you can make your own moisturizing, replenishing skin serum easily at home!
If you have oily skin, this serum can work great for you too. The key to healthy, supple, glowing skin, whether it is dry or oily, is a balanced regimen. Using this DIY skin serum alongside a facial toner will give your skin the radiance and softness you are looking for. This recipe can be customized to suit your specific skin needs.
- 2 oz organic jojoba, sunflower, or macadamia nut oil
- 1 oz organic tamanu oil
- 1 oz organic rosehip seed oil
- ½ oz organic pomegranate seed oil
- ½ tsp organic vitamin E oil
- 10-20 drops organic lavender essential oil
- 5-10 drops organic carrot seed essential oil
- 2-5 drops organic ylang ylang essential oil
Pour all carrier oils together in a glass bottle and gently roll between your hands to mix. Add each essential oil and gently roll to mix between each addition. If you have sensitive skin, use fewer drops of essential oil. Invert the bottle several times until thoroughly mixed.
To use: Rub a dime-sized amount of oil between your palms and apply in circular motions to your face as a daily moisturizer. This serum can also be used all over your body for soft, supple skin everywhere!