For an easy, tasty way to take advantage of the benefits thyme has to offer, make a cup of tea!
The change of seasons is the perfect time of year to incorporate a warm, healing tea into your daily routine.
Thyme Tea Infusion Recipe – makes 1 cup
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, or a small handful fresh thyme
- 1 slice of lemon
- 1 spoonful of honey
- Covered container – a tea pot works perfectly!
- Boil enough water for one cup of tea. Once boiling, turn off the heat and let the water sit for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Put your herbs into the container, and pour the just boiled water over them. Cover the container and let it brew for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain the liquid into your cup, add a slice of lemon and honey, and enjoy!
For best results, drink at least 3 cups of thyme tea daily (adult dosage). Thyme tea is ideal for sore throats, cold, and fatigue that comes with the cooler weather, so now is the time to add it to your herbal regimen!
Caution: traditional usage suggests avoiding excessive amounts of thyme if you are pregnant. Please check with your physician.